Rule 1 - Post the rules
Rule 2 - Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then make 11 new ones.
Rule 3 - Tag up to 11 people and link them to your post.
Rule 4 - Let them know you’ve tagged them.
1) If you could choose one fictional character to top all other fictional characters, who would it be?
Xerxes Break of Pandora Hearts, of course. Best character ever.
2) If you had all the money you could ever want, what would you do with it?
Pay off my mortgage. Put aside enough money for retirement. Put aside enough money for my kid to attend college. See if my parents/mother-in-law needed help with anything. Start an organization with a goal of ending homelessness. Then I'd probably buy a monastery, move into it, and invent my own spiritual path.
3) What’s your dream job and why?
Being a college student. Being a college student was great! No wait, that doesn't earn any money so it's not really a job. Being a mom! No, that doesn't earn any money either. Well, whatever job I get I should have a lot of variety to it, because I hate that whole "sitting in front of a computer all day" crap and that "standing in front of a photocopier or cash register all day" type of thing. That kinda lops "sheepherder" out of the picture, too, I suppose.
4) When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grow up?
A commercial artist
5) Favorite song?
I have so many. You can see them here http://www.last.fm/user/AlyMcF
Here's one, just 'cause:
6) What are you listening to right now?
The sounds of my kid playing in the bathtub. She's pretending to play a video game, She has a giant marble in the drain hole and is rolling it like a trackball, and all her toys are arranged like her game.
7) I was going to ask what’s your best talent, but let’s ask about your cutie mark instead. (okay, I can’t find any website or whatever with a god explanation of a cutie mark. It’s basically a little symbol representing what you’re best at)
I want to say writing but I get this little clench in my gut whenever I think about my writing these days. I asked my daughter and she basically said my cutie mark should be for being a mom. A stunning endorsement, I agree, but I suspect I should have a cutie mark for being a hermit, because I think I'd be good at that.
8) Favorite superhero
Huh? I don't really do superheros. At least not the comic kind. Right now, I'd say the Buddha.
9) Favorite book
I want to say "The Tin Drum" by Gunter Grass, but honestly I haven't read it in twenty years and have no idea if I'd still absolutely love it. Currently, I would say Pandora Hearts manga series by Jun Mochizuki. It is teh awesome.
10) Favorite flavor of ice cream
11) What’s one thing you would never change about yourself? Talk about how awesome you are, please :)
I like to try new things. Sometimes that's as simple as mixing sweet potatoes, avocados, lettuce, lemon juice and olive oil in a bowl and calling it salad. Other times it is completely changing my approach to living and moving 2000 miles away to a city I've never seen. I like that I like to try new things, because I think I would be bored/boring otherwise!
If you have been tagged (and if you are reading this, consider yourself tagged), please answer these questions, because I'm curious about you:
1. What's something you do differently from most people?
2. Are you holding on to something you need to let go of?
3. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?
4. How much do you feel you control your life?
5. When you see someone attractive at the supermarket checkout line, what do you do?
6. Do you tend to give up quickly when you think something is too hard?
7. If you were a tool, which tool would you be?
8. What is your favorite flower?
9. What are you allergic to?
10. What food/drink would be the hardest one to give up if you were told you had to?
11. Do you prefer to "get up" or "get down"?
Bonus question: If practice makes perfect and nobody's perfect does that mean nobody practices?
- Current Mood: goofy